Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Homemade Pizza

Homemade Pizza

This is the second time my husband and I have made homemade pizza. The first time, a few weeks ago, wasn't worth posting about! But this time it turned out quite well. Hopefully we'll improve even more with practice. I made the dough in the breadmaker when I got home from work. I had made a lot of sauce the last time and froze the leftovers, so it was easy to warm some up for tonight's pizza.

Homemade is ideal for us since I'm a vegetarian and he's not. We can make our own seperate pizzas with anything we want! My pizza (in the foreground) is topped with spinach, slivers of blanched asparagus, and chopped garlic. His has pepperoni, ham, green pepper, and chopped garlic. Now we just need to get another round pan, because that size was more ideal for the amount of dough. (Thanks, Brenda, for the dough recipe!)

1 comment:

  1. beautiful pizzas!!
    Jake and I make some every Friday, or else we order some in if we are out of ingredients or too tired but generally he prefers that we make them.
    I should document next Friday's pizza making and post the photos. :)

    Love the broc, Jake will allow broc on his pizza only if it's the tiny heads sprinkled on. I put on zucchini, broccoli, mushrooms and caramelized onions--if I get around to making them. yum!

    ReplyDelete