Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

More Origami Flowers

origamiFlowers5


More experiments with using different paper for origami flowers. The red paper is a nice textured scrapbook paper that I bought at Michael's. The edges showed some wear after folding, but overall it keeps its shape well.


origamiFlowers3


The ivory flowers are made from a wedding patterned gift wrap paper that I bought at The Container Store. I like how gift wrapping paper holds up to folding, and it's cheaper than fancy scrapbooking paper or origami paper. But the glossiness of the gift wrap paper makes it a little difficult to photograph. I wonder if a big bouquet of glossy ivory and white flowers will get washed out in photos?


origamiFlowers2


origamiFlowers4

4 comments:

  1. they're coming out so beautifully!!

    I think you may be right about the glossiness - could you spray them with a matte acrylic varnish? They should have that at michael's, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried the matte varnish, and it totally works! Thanks for the great suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I know how do you fold the flowers??

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you make these? Is there a diagram you would be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete