Search This Blog

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Uh...Muffins?


Late last night, I got the urge to whip up a batch of easy muffins from my new Betty Crocker cookbook. I used the Cinnamon Apple Muffins recipe (which is actually listed as a variant of their blueberry muffin recipe). They are definitely fast and easy to make, but something went terribly wrong, as you can see in the photo!

I kept checking the recipe, afraid that I might have left something out. The batter was very, very dry -- about the same consistancy as Playdough. Eh? I'm pretty sure I followed the instructions and ingredients carefully, but these "muffins" turned out more like biscuits. The apple pieces cooked up very well, and the inside of each muffin was fairly moist. The outside is crunchy, though. Oh, well! Apple biscuits taste fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment