Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Vegetarian Gyoza and Kung Pao Chicken


This is my first attempt at making gyoza. It was easier than I expected! Yes, it was a little time consuming to create the dumplings, but well worth it. The cool thing is, these can be frozen and cooked later. I followed the great step-by-step instructions on the Cooking Cute website. You might notice some inconsistent sizes in the photo above. They became more uniform as I went along. :)

For the filling I used what we had on hand: cabbage, tofu, asparagus, zucchini, and garlic, with some asian flavorings (soy sauce, rice wine, five spice powder). I cooked half of the dumplings and froze the other half. Here they are after freezing for about two hours -- ready to go in freezer bags!


We ate the gyoza dumplings with Spicy Ginger Dipping Sauce from Martin Yan's Chinatown Cooking. Sheu made Kung Pao Chicken for himself (see below), also from MY'sCC (we really have been using that cookbook a lot!). A dish of rice from our rice cooker, and our meal was complete!

1 comment:

  1. This looks really great, I think you are getting the hang of it! Not only the cooking but your pics are doing more justice to your creativity! Hope you will cook something like this when we visit next! Bren

    ReplyDelete