Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Collage Christmas Ornament

I've been cutting up old magazines and saving the colors in separate envelopes. This ornament was my first collage project with the magazine clippings. I gave it to my dad for his birthday last weekend. Hopefully I'll find the time to make more.

I bought this cardboard sphere at Michael's for US $0.99. It's light, yet sturdy -- great for a tree ornament.

I spent three evenings cutting up and gluing the magazine clippings to the cardboard form. I used regular Elmer's glue. Hopefully my next ornament won't take so long. There was a bit of trial and error with this first one.

I didn't apply shellac or anything, but I'd like to try that on the next one. I'll also try using more variations in the shades of each color. Here's another pic of the finished ornament:

1 comment: