Search This Blog

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Grandma's Lovely Arrangements

Sheu and I travelled to Arkansas last weekend to visit my family and celebrate my dad's birthday. We spent some quality time with Grandma. I love visiting her for the holidays -- her house is always decked out from floor to ceiling with Christmas decorations. She's 74 years old, but she does all this herself (she did let us help string the lights on the porch). The decorations are so well done -- this year she has a gold and white color scheme.

I really admire her floral and centerpiece arrangements. I think she could have done this for a living if she wanted. Here's a photo of a candle centerpiece she made for her church. She gets the supplies from Hobby Lobby, I think.

Here's another photo of an arrangement she did around the base of a lamp in her living room. This is just a small sampling of the holiday extravaganza in her house! Somehow it never seems overdone. I think she's quite talented at it, so it never looks tacky.

I could fill up this blog with more photos of her holiday creations, but I have to say the photos don't even do it justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment