Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

So-So Garbanzos


I tried this chickpea snack recipe from the Dec-Jan 2007 issue of Every Day with Rachael Ray. It's called Gonzo Garbanzos. NOTE: This photo is not mine! It's the photo from the magazine. The recipe is on the magazine website here:

http://www.rachaelraymag.com/content/31195

The recipe was easy to make, but mine did not turn out quite as picturesqe as the magazine photo! Mine looks like a pile of brown pebbles with burned pistachios mixed in. Some of them were too hard to eat. If I make it again, I might try cutting down the cooking time for my oven. They seemed a bit greasy, too, so I might try cutting down some of the oil.

The flavor is good -- the chickpeas have a smokey, spicy flavor from the cumin and cayenne. The chickpeas actually popped while they were in the oven -- I guess they have to let out some steam. They hopped around the baking sheet, but none fell off. (The popping lasted for a minute or so.)

No comments:

Post a Comment