Search This Blog

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Step-mom's Blueberry Pie

Check out this blueberry pie my step-mom whipped up on the morning of my dad's birthday.

We prepared lots of food for a gathering of family and friends for dad's birthday (everyone brought a dish, too -- it turned out to be a great feast!). I made a devil's food chocolate cake with cream cheese icing, which turned out pretty good. Dad also requested pie. Step-mom made this pie in no time. It's all homemade, except for the bottom crust, which was a premade frozen crust (the kind you roll out and shape yourself). She made the top lattice crust from scratch.

The blueberries were handpicked sometime earlier in the year and frozen. She threw in some handpicked wild rasperries, too. YUM! The recipe was from a Betty Crocker cookbook. This pie was soooooo good... I've never made a fruit pie, but now I'm inspired to try it.

2 comments:

  1. That pie looks mazing! I love the hearts.
    I hope Hector doesn't see it, he'll start pestering me for one, it's his favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What blueberry pie recipe do you use that Hector likes so much?

    ReplyDelete